Dawn of Anarchy; a literate, closed roleplay directory focused on the dark world of the mafia and their reign of terror.
Discover a dark, deadly secret no one dares utter even a rumor about.
Despite the pretty veil it wears, Seoul is a den for organized crime and a breeding ground for only the most vile of dirty deeds. Since the fall of the original mafia running the city, space has been made only for four more gangs to rise up and take control, outnumbering the police and causing citizens to fear for their lives and families.
You may have thought you were safe, but you thought wrong; and this city takes no prisoners.
Kyungsoo is on Hiatus.
Estimated return date—August 5th
Activity check — July 20th, 2014
Everyone did so much better this week! Thank you all for being awesome! Please remember to keep your posting up! We love active typists!
I will have my other project on the Cirque Daily out in just a few moments, along with another drabble prompt later tonight!
Remember, the event ended today so no more plotting for it! Sorry guys! Go ahead and finish up any plots you have going for it. (Heads up, we will probably move soon. Finally!) We will be doing another event when we get to the next place so stay tuned!
-Admins Junsu & Yoochun ♥
Haven’t posted in 1 week
Two weeks or more
- Seohyun / Jaejoong / Key / Sungjong
- Baekhyun / Jia
Late From Hiatus
TVXQ’s [Yunho] is now Available.
Due to a withdrawn reservation.
Follow the Jeweler, Xiumin!
Name: Kim Minseok (Xiumin)
Tent Assignment: #10 (Silver)
Home Island Cottage Assignment: #256
Skill: Carbon Manipulation
- Xiumin has the ability to manipulate and augment already existing carbon. He currently only has full control over carbon black, being the only carbon he is constantly in contact with due to the pigment of his tattoos, and temperamental control over graphite. Being the weaker allotropes of carbon, they are the easiest to manipulate. He must maintain constant contact with the carbon via touch in order to manipulate it; if the carbon is out of reach, he cannot control it.
- It is possible for him to change the carbon’s allotrope, this drains his energy, but he cannot create the density of the carbon, limiting him to the same overall density of the molecules of carbon black. By changing the carbon’s allotrope he can make himself a shield of diamond by moving his tattoo ink around his body and forcing the molecules to rearrange the moment he is being struck. Thus he cannot defend himself from multiple targets, large attacks, or mental assault.
- Diamond, being the strongest and most dense carbon, is out of his control. It is easier for Xiumin to change the allotrope of a less dense carbon into diamond momentarily, but it’s impossible for him to change an already made diamond into something else. The diamond that Xiumin makes isn’t molecularly accurate diamond; it is a mock lower density imitation of diamond because it’s actually impossible for him to make diamond. His power requires him to expel the equivalent amount of energy it would take to make enough pressure and heat to change the carbon naturally, with time and practice that will change.
- Currently Xiumin has enough carbon black to work with to make a diamond patch on him that’s roughly the size of his palm.
Member Status: Since May 31, 2013
Performance Details: Because he doesn’t consider his power “showy” enough to be a performance, Xiumin uses his musical talents to help out the cirque instead and provides the music to any acts that require it. He prefers playing drums but can also play bass guitar and piano when needed.
Personality: Most renown because of his unbreakable poker face, Xiumin rarely wavers from indifferent in any given situation. Neither a leader nor a follower, he’s a simple does whatever makes sense at the time and deal with the consequences later. Despite his feigned apathy, he’s not anti-social or unapproachable; he just doesn’t actively seek out other people or their attention. However he’s fine with have shallow interactions and relationships with people, finding it less messy and easier to live with than dealing with genuine emotions. A little known secret is that he refuses to talk about his life before joining the circus, deflecting all questions by exhaling cigarette smoke onto the curious.
Follow the girl with a sweet tooth, Lee Jieun!
Name: Lee Jieun
Tent Assignment: #258
Home Island Cottage Assignment: # 4 (Black)
- Jieun is a Psychometric user; she has the ability to obtain memories, feelings and skills from the objects and people that she touches. With people she can gain their history and only their most intense thoughts & feelings. With objects, what she learns usually includes who has made it, who has used it and what it has been used for.
- Usually when learning a person’s history, it flashes past her like a movie on fast forward or the rapid turning of pages. It is much the same when holding an object. Her ability to retain history also gives her a photographic memory.
- Any skills that a person has (as well as languages), she can obtain with a better understanding of how it works and how best it can be used/carried out. This is also the same with objects; as with long-ranged weapons for example she can calculate how best to aim accurately. But Jieun has not completely explored this field of her ability.
- Although she gains the knowledge of skills from those she touches, Jieun can’t do everything. Such skills that she may learn that take physical ability she simply can’t do because her body is not built or used to the physical strain. For example things like fighting skills; she can use what she learns but seeing as it is something she has not been doing before she picked up the skill, she can only go on for as long as she’s physically able (which isn’t very long at all - she’s a weakling). She may also also need practice as knowing how something works is completely different than being able to do it. That being said, she can only retain this knowledge for no longer than 24-48 hours. The only thing she is able to keep a partial concept for are languages and even that she still practices.
- If the emotional imprint on an object is not strong enough, she cannot see its history. This also pertains to age in both objects and people. The older a person/object is the more blurred and incomplete their history is to her because of the amount of knowledge to take in and the amount of events to go through. Only with great concentration is it clear and even that doesn’t last long.
- Ultimately, Jieun still has little control over her ability. She can’t pick the things she does and does not want to see and so she can always be found wearing gloves.
Member Status: Newbie
Performance Details: Jieun has not found her place among the performers of the cirque yet and so does not perform at the moment. For now she helps out where she can until she can find a way to showcase her abilites.
Personality: Despite coming across as aloof, it’s easy to get Jieun to open up assuming you’ve managed to drag her from her daydreams long enough. She’s easily excited but just as quickly bored when things drag on. But she can be quite friendly and even though her attention span is rather short she cares enough to listen for more than a few minutes.
She doesn’t often offer up her opinions as she’s more the type to go along with whatever’s decided, but she’s always open to sharing them when she feels it can help another.That being said, Jieun is always willing to lend a hand. It comes naturally to her and thanks to her ability, she’s nearly able enough to help wherever needed.
Jieun respects peoples privacy and so she tries not to take advantage of her abilities; yet regardless of her kind heart, that is easily cast aside when angered (which isn’t often if at all). In which case she waits for the right moment when all she needs is a single touch and she’s blackmailing you for life… or however long she’s deemed necessary. She has a soft spot for sweet things. Offer her some and she’s more likely to forgive you.